On tests.

Monday, December 22, 2008

On our way home from Tagaytay, my girl best friend and I were discussing the things that happened to us this year. So many obstacles have popped up into our lives (separately) that we have always wanted 2008 to end. Anyway, while we were discussing it, I pointed out that the problems that we were experiencing were just a test from God. She, on the other hand, contradicted me and said:

I don't want to think of God as a God who gives tests.
What happens when you don't pass the test? Rather, I'd like to think of Him as a loving God. He gives us these problems no to test us, but rather to teach us a lesson.

I like the way she put it that God doesn't test people. Oo nga naman, what will happen to us if we don't pass the test? Do we get red marks and fail?I like it better that He only gives us these challenges to make us learn valuable lessons in life. As she said, the bigger the problem gets, the bigger the lesson that God wants to teach us. And yes, our God is a loving God who has always wanted us His children to return to His flock.

Merry Christmas!


0 comments:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Search this blog: